Working with Us
We are an independent policy, research and development organisation dedicated to promoting lifelong learning, full employment and inclusion.
We’re focused on the big questions. How can we help the labour market recover from the pandemic and ensure everyone has fair access to good work? How do we help more people to develop their skills in a changing job market?
We’re looking to recruit to a range of posts to join our growing team, delivering a range of high-quality research and evaluation projects across learning, skills and employment.
As a Silver Investors in People award holder, L&W is committed to building a great place to work. We are a friendly and supportive team, passionate and enthusiastic about our work. We support each other to develop and flourish. We are committed to equality and diversity and encourage applications from all under-represented groups in society.
Learning and Work Institute offers a variety of employee benefits to staff.
- Contractual annual leave entitlement & public holidays or grace days (significantly above statutory minimum)
- Season ticket loan
- Salary advances (for exceptional circumstances)
- Occupational Sick Pay entitlement (well above statutory minimum)
- Flexible working practices / working from home
- Reasonable adjustments for those with disabilities
- EDS – Employee Development Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) through Health Assured – counselling; financial advice etc
- Eye test support
- Study support for relevant professional/academic qualifications
- Occupational maternity leave & pay (above statutory minimum)
- Time off for ante-natal appointments
- Compassionate leave
- Paid leave to care for a sick person
- Time off for trade union duties
- Time off for public duties
- Childcare vouchers or financial childcare support
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Paternity pay
- Redundancy pay