Director of Policy and Research
Share this role
- Learning and Work Institute
- Leicester / London / Flexible
- £70,000 - £90,000 per annum, depending on experience and location
- Closing date:
- 11th October
- Job Ref:
Director of Policy and Research
Full-time role / Flexibility or part-time considered
Learning and Work Institute (L&W) is an independent policy, research and development organisation dedicated to promoting lifelong learning, full employment and inclusion.
We are focused on the big questions such as, How can we help the labour market recover from the pandemic and ensure everyone has fair access to good work? How do we help more people to develop their skills in a changing job market?
The role of Director of Policy and Research is a key one in the senior leadership of our institute, responsible for leading a team of around 30 experts in research, analysis and policy development generating over £2 million in programme income and achieving a significant impact in policy and practice.
We are looking for someone with an in-depth expertise and experience in leading programmes of research and development, leading high performing teams, achieving impact on policy and practice, securing funding, with knowledge of the learning, skills or employment sectors.
Your role will involve working with senior colleagues and the Board to set the agenda for our work, as well as leading the R&D team to achieve positive impacts through our work.
You will be a credible and influential voice on learning, skills and employment with local and national government, funders, media and wider stakeholders. You will work with senior colleagues to lead and develop the team, support our team to achieve their potential, and identify opportunities for us to grow our impact.
As a senior member of the L&W leadership team, you will also play a key role in shaping the direction of the organisation, working closely with the Chief Executive and the Board.
L&W is an Investor in People (silver) award holder, committed to equal opportunities and staff development including support for formal qualifications when applicable.
L&W prides itself on being a supportive and flexible employer. We recognise the importance of work-life balance for our staff and will consider flexible working arrangements.
We are committed to equality and diversity and encourage applications from all under-represented groups in society.
For more information, please visit https://join-learningandwork.com/ and for a confidential discussion, contact our advising consultants at GatenbySanderson: Enfys Evans or Hilda Gjika on 020 7426 3996 / email@example.com
How to Apply
- Please submit your CV along with a Supporting Statement addressing the person specification criteria, evidencing how you meet the criteria.
- Detail any employment or education gaps.
- Be ready to provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees; one should be your current or most recent employer. Referees will be contacted for those proceeding to final stages. We will always gain your permission before we contact referees.
- Let us know any difficulty you may have with the indicative timetable.
- Check that your contact details are correct before you submit.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email confirmation. If you do not receive, please email firstname.lastname@example.org